Trekking Tours in JotunheimenShare:
Hiking VS Trekking
- Hikes are ‘One Day’ activities that doesn’t need so much planning.
- Hiking is an act of walking but leisure walk compared to other sports.
- A trek is a longer and a harder hike.
- It is an adventurous journey undertaken on foot i mountainous terrain or in areas where common means of transport are generally not available.
- Trekking activity may be conducted for one day but it is mostly more than one day activity.
Jotunheimen Trekking Routes
Historical Route Jotunheimen
Hike duration: 4-7 days
Hike length: 50km
Climbing height: 3190m
Follow the path of the pioneers in Norway’s mountaineering history on the historical route from Gjendesheim to Eidsbugarden, through Jotunheimen National Park.
Hike duration: 4-8 days
Several routes around Bygdin and Gjende lake ranging from 4-8 days, designed to fit everyone from beginners to experienced hikers.